Administration Section: Public Notification Standard
The community college has met the regulatory requirements for public notification for career and technical education and employment opportunities.
If you have not downloaded the Civil Rights Self-Assessment form you should do so now. You will need to fill out the form as you answer questions in the Standards pages.
What legislation authorizes this standard?
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (ref. 1) (ref. 2)
Sect. 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (ref.1) (ref. 2)
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (ref. 1) (ref. 2)
Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
Guidelines for Vocational Education Programs (ref.1) (ref. 2) (ref. 3)
View more information and answer questions about each area by clicking on the title below.
1. The community college should have an annual notice of non-discrimination.
2. The community college should disseminate the notice of non-discrimination annually to students, parents, employees, and the general public.
3. The community college should determine the primary languages of the community, translate the annual notice of non-discrimination into the language(s), and disseminate it widely.
4. The community college should develop the annual notice of non-discrimination in multiple formats that are accessible to persons with disabilities, such as persons with auditory or visual disabilities.
5. The community college should provide a continuous statement of non-discrimination on public documents.